Group Technical Program Manager
Full Time (UNITED STATES)
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can technology help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
We are actively seeking a skilled, outcome-oriented, and empathetic Group Technical Program Manager to join our growing team. As the Group Technical Program Manager, you will play a crucial role in orchestrating and overseeing the successful delivery of complex technical projects within Outer Labs. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be responsible for driving the execution of work, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of our real estate technology initiatives. As the Program Management group grows at Outer Labs, you will be responsible for growing and leading a team of Technical Program Managers.
We value outcome-oriented problem solving, communication, open mindedness, balancing scrappiness and attention to detail, and a mindset that recognizes that small, positive, incremental changes can have a huge impact over time to improve the quality and efficiency of our team.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with product management, client stakeholders, and OL leadership to define project goals, roadmaps, and milestones.
- Resource Allocation: Work with leadership in each discipline to allocate resources, including personnel, budget, and tools, to optimize project outcomes while balancing project priorities and demands.
- Project Estimation: Collaborate with each discipline to oversee estimations of project work.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and develop mitigation plans to address challenges that could impact delivery or quality.
- Project Monitoring & Reporting: Oversee project progress and performance, ensuring projects stay on track and meet established targets. Regularly report to leadership group regarding project health.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster effective communication and collaboration among diverse teams, including engineering, product management, and design to ensure smooth project execution.
- Budgeting and Financial Management: Manage program budgets, monitoring expenses, and ensuring cost-effectiveness throughout the project lifecycle.
- Client / Stakeholder Management: Regularly communicate project status, updates, and potential roadblocks to client stakeholders, executives, and project teams.
- Process development: Help Outer Labs establish effective processes and practices related to Technical Program Management.
- Program Management Leadership: Lead, grow, and mentor a team of Technical Program Managers, providing guidance, support, and feedback to ensure successful project execution and continuous improvement.
- Outcome-oriented, creative, and proactive personality
- Positive attitude!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field; an advanced degree is a plus
- 7+ years of proven experience in technical program management or related roles, with 3+ years in a leadership or management capacity
- Strong technical background with a deep understanding of web-based software development
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of successfully delivering complex technical projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams, fostering a collaborative and results-driven work environment
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to navigate and resolve complex challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of effectively interfacing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Proven experience in driving strategic initiatives and aligning programs with business go
- Mindset around establishing systems to support effective delivery practices, and small positive incremental improvements
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working