Associate Product Manager
Full Time (UNITED STATES)
Our clients include globally recognized brands placing “big bets” and investing in long-term solutions to sustainability, quality, and affordability. We work closely with their leadership to craft multi-year strategies, with direct access to subject matter experts and end users who help us continuously drive toward business value.
Some questions we’ve tackled: How can software automatically lay out a building’s structural system based on unique constraints? How can software encourage reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently? How can we help a designer explore a thousand ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one?
Answers to these questions require passion for design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
We are actively seeking a skilled, outcome-oriented, and empathetic Associate Product Manager to join our growing team. As part of the Client Services team, you will work closely with your product management peers, along with product design, business development, our highly skilled software engineers and our customers to bring ideas to life. The client services team is a mix of people with experience in traditional product management as well as non-traditional backgrounds such as architecture, computational design, academia, and more.
We value outcome-oriented problem solving, open mindedness, and passion for bringing all team members together to execute on a common goal.
A key to success in the role of a product manager at Outer Labs is the ability to build trusting, professional relationships with our customers, the users of our applications, and our design and development teams. As an associate product manager you will be the nexus between all stakeholders, bringing alignment and driving forward the execution of exciting new applications for the AEC industry.
- Support Senior Product Managers in manage the entire product lifecycle and product roadmap for multiple applications
- Build trusting relationships with internal (engineering, design, sales, marketing, leadership team) and external (customers, end-users, partners) stakeholders.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis. Plan and drive communications, meetings, workshops and other engagements
- Build understanding of pain points and opportunities for customers and users. Be responsible for setting the product's vision and strategic direction of the solutions we are building. Clearly articulate the business case of a given initiative or feature so the teams understand why we are building it.
- Support Senior Product Managers in defining releases and in making decisions on what gets ultimately delivered in a release to the customer.
- Support Senior Product Managers in developing, and curating ideas that will deliver value to customers. Collaborate with the product strategy team.
- Prioritize features by ranking them against the strategic goals and initiatives. Be able to make difficult trade-off decisions based on the value a new feature will deliver to the customers and the business.
- Analyze and report on progress. Be laser-focused on results — for customers and for the business as a whole. Monitor project progress continuously and provide scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Support Senior Product Managers in managing changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using best practices and standard project management documentation.
- Support Senior Product Managers in creating proposals
- Outcome-oriented, creative, and proactive personality
- Positive attitude!
- 1+ years of proven working experience in project/ product management and AEC to help drive overall product decisions
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working