We are actively seeking a skilled, proactive, and empathetic engineering leader to join our growing team. You will work closely with our CTO, along with product design, business development, and of course highly skilled software engineers to bring ideas to life. We value open-mindedness, self-motivation, balancing scrappiness and attention to detail, and an attitude that encourages growth and personal ownership amongst the team. Outer Labs is a 100% distributed company, so creativity in engineering management practices is also valued.
- Oversee day to day operations of our 100% remote software engineering team
- Manage or facilitate team-wide project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for our three engineering teams
- Provide direction for and reasoning behind work to be done, help engineering team plan their work (as needed)
- As an engineering leader, you are not expected to write code, though you will help the team to ensure the code base is high quality, well tested & documented, and strives for simplicity
- Manage professional development of the engineers on the team through regular 1:1s
- Participate in code and design reviews; lead the engineering team on how to improve the quality of our infrastructure and our products
- Participate as a primary stakeholder in the Outer Labs recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retention process
- Teach what you know, acting as a mentor when appropriate, while staying open to a process of constant learning
- Proactively communicate with other members of the team, and sometimes external clients
- 4+ years of management experience in a software engineering capacity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working
Outer Labs builds software tools for professionals in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction field that have the potential to radically reshape how buildings are designed, constructed, and occupied. Some questions we regularly consider are: How could software automatically layout a building’s structural system? How could software automatically understand city zoning codes? How could software interpret an architect’s ideas and intentions through a simple drawing? or How can we help a designer explore a thousand ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one?APPLY NOW
Outer Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.