Director of Operations
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can technology help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
The Director of Operations is a key role within our company, reporting directly to the CEO. The overarching responsibility of this role is to oversee and ensure the continuity of business operations. Essential to this is maintaining a productive and efficient workforce by fostering teamwork at the leadership level. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills. Success in this role will demand an ability to effectively partner with stakeholders to streamline operational processes that support the company's strategic objectives.
- Guide and optimize the flow of information between departments at a leadership level by way of bi-annual strategic planning and periodic check-ins
- Lead discussions related to company policy by weighing impact and driving consensus
- Perform analysis and deliver insight into company performance for executive-level decision making
- Oversee initiatives related to execution of regulatory and vendor compliance
- Partner with our accounting team to ensure that invoices are issued, fulfillment is unblocked, payroll is approved, and vendors are reimbursed
- Review and approve monthly employee expense reports for the executive team
- Monitor our digital inbox (combination of inbound inquiries, scanned mail, etc.), ensuring that inbound messages are intercepted and routed in a timely manner
- Outline and administer department budgets by partnering with , establishing processes for making adjustments as business conditions change
- Coordinate review, negotiate, and approve business contracts prior to signature
- Partner closely with our People Ops Manager to help navigate obstacles related to employment like salary negotiation, sponsorship, and offer letters
- Lead procurement and administration of systems and tools to support the ongoing needs of the business
- MBA degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and analysis
- Emphasis on building consensus with stakeholders, using data to make persuasive arguments and firm decisions
- Bias for action with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working