Group Product Manager
Full Time (UNITED STATES)
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can we help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
We are actively seeking a skilled, outcome-oriented, and empathetic Group Product Manager to join our growing team. As part of the Client Services team, you will work closely with the Director of Services, along with product design, business development, our highly skilled software engineers, and our customers to bring ideas to life.
The client services team is a mix of people with experience in traditional product management as well as non-traditional backgrounds such as architecture, computational design, academia, and more.
We value outcome-oriented problem-solving, open-mindedness, and passion for bringing all team members together to execute a common goal.
A key to success in the role of a product area lead at Outer Labs is the ability to build trusting, professional relationships with our customers, the users of our applications, and our design and development teams. As a Group Product Manager you will be overseeing a product area with a focus on building technology, and managing both the products as well as the product management team.
A key responsibility is to guide and remove roadblocks while establishing expectations and goals for the team.
- Product Leadership
- Oversee day to day operations of one of our product areas
- Help to drive overall product direction of the applications within your product area
- Grow the product area vision and support the overall vision of the Services department
- Customer Relationship Management
- Analyze and report on progress. Be laser-focused on results — for customers and for the business as a whole. Monitor project progress continuously and provide scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Manage internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis. Plan and drive communications, meetings, workshops and other engagements. Build trusting relationships
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel and provide updates, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- People Management
- Directly oversee product managers assigned to your product area, provide coaching, career development to effectively support your direct reports
- Manage PMs effectively by helping them achieve maximum impact with minimum effort
- Onboard new PMs to understand our philosophy, process, and values
- Product Management
- Manage the entire product lifecycle and product roadmap for multiple applications
- Engage in crowdsourcing, developing, and curating ideas that will deliver value to customers. Collaborate with the product strategy team.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for the product area, in collaboration with product managers and tech leads
- Outcome-oriented, creative, and proactive personality
- Displaying analytical and strategic thinking
- An attitude towards ‘getting things done’
- Very detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Preference for fast-paced iteration, deadlines, and budgets
- 2+ years team management experience; 3+ direct reports
- 8+ years of proven working experience in project/ product management and AEC to help drive overall product decisions
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working