Full Time (UNITED STATES)
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can we help an architect explore a thousand ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software help us optimize the quality of spaces for humans while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do encourage reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intent individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
As a Product Designer at Outer Labs, you’ll work directly with our clients who own and operate real estate for some of the most admired brands on Earth. You’ll leverage domain expertise of our product managers and strategists to build a point of view for the user, then bring your designs to life with our world-class engineering team using the latest and greatest technology. As part of a growing team, you’ll also get to shape the design culture at Outer Labs and directly influence the process of design and innovation.
- Work directly with project stakeholders to collect information, empathize, and drive the UX/UI from concept to delivery
- Coordinate with Product Strategy in conducting independent research and market analysis to balance stakeholder perspectives
- Partner with product management and engineering project teams to develop a customer-centric point of view for the product
- Express design intent with high-quality mockups and clickable prototypes that embody the end-to-end user journey
- Leverage the full range of design expertise at Outer Labs by reviewing your work with other designers to sharpen your intuition and iterate
- Own the handoff of design to Engineering with clickable prototypes, and assets
- Advocate for the user experience, field questions, and make adjustments as your designs come to life
- Ensure the final result provides the intended value to stakeholders by studying user behavior and working through areas of friction
- Provide mentorship to designers in the context of their project deliverables
- Steer us toward design systems and tools that bring consistency of quality to all projects
- 2-4 years experience working as a Product Designer, User Experience (UX) Designer, or similar role (please provide your design portfolio)
- Experience building and iterating on user journeys from design research
- Experience using Figma or similar tools incorporating design systems into rich applications and functional prototypes
- Excellent eye for design aesthetic and latest design trends
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with interactive prototyping tools is a plus (Figma, Framer, or similar)
- Experience with AEC industry is strongly preferred
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working