Product Designer, Analytics
Full Time (UNITED STATES)
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can we help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
As a Product Designer for Analytics, you’ll work on a wide variety of challenging problems across a portfolio of clients and internal R+D efforts. Your core focus will be creating analytical tools that real estate owner teams are using for strategic planning and forecasting.
You’ll work directly with our clients who own and operate large occupant-focused real estate portfolios. You’ll leverage the insight of our product managers and strategists to build a point of view for the user, then bring your designs to life with our world-class engineering team using the latest and greatest technology. As part of a growing team, you’ll also get to shape the design culture at Outer Labs and directly influence the process of design and innovation.
- Coordinate with Product Strategists to gather design research and market analysis for use in addressing stakeholder perspectives
- Partner with Product Management, Product Strategy, and Engineering project team members to develop a user-centric point of view for the product.
- Express design intent with high-quality mockups and clickable prototypes that embody the end-to-end user journey.
- Leverage the full range of design expertise at Outer Labs by working closely with other designers to sharpen your intuition and iterate through your designs.
- Facilitate the handoff of design requirements, clickable prototypes, and assets to developers by working closely with Product Managers and Engineering lead.
- Advocate for user experience, field questions, and make adjustments as you work throughout the implementation phase.
- Ensure the final result provides the intended value to stakeholders by responding to feedback and making adjustments as needed.
- Relevant experience and portfolio working as a Product Designer, User Experience (UX) Designer, or similar role
- Deep knowledge of user experience research and market analysis frameworks
- Experience building and iterating on user journeys from design research
- Experience wireframing, designing and prototyping in Figma, or similar application
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and latest design trends
- Understanding of UX patterns and ability to work with Design Systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Driven by curiosity with exceptional attention to detail
- Preference for fast-paced iteration, deadlines, and budgets
- Experience with AEC industry is preferred
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working