Product Strategist (UXR Focus)
Full Time (UNITED STATES)
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can technology help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
As key members of the Design team at Outer Labs, Product Strategists focus on becoming the critical voice for end users of our products. Product Strategists are expected to leverage both qualitative and quantitative data from users to keep Client Services, Design, and Engineering team members focused on delivering value throughout the product development process. This includes, but is not limited to user personas, workflows, and usage metrics. They may recommend experiments to better understand user preferences, or diagnose problems with engagement. She/he is also expected to maintain a pulse on the broader competitive landscape, looking for key areas of differentiation as well as opportunities on the horizon. Lastly, Product Strategists help maintain our knowledge about our products as they evolve, so we have a shared understanding of our users and the decisions we’ve made to support them.
- Partner with our Client Services team to define the initial scope and objectives for strategy engagements at key milestones in the product development process.
- Keep a pulse on adoption and prioritization of product features through targeted and continuous user engagement.
- Provide product teams with digestible and actionable user insights that support both tactical and strategic decision making.
- Help the entire project team cultivate user empathy and knowledge of the product value proposition, using tools like knowledge management and innovation workshops to ensure a shared vision.
- Partner with the Client Services team to discover and advocate for a long term vision that can be used to unlock new opportunities with our clients.
- Maintain an ongoing pulse of the competitive landscape, and work with Product Managers as needed to draw attention to strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the product.
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Must have ability to articulate user flows in the form of journey maps and state diagrams
- Must have a detailed understanding of competitive and stakeholder analysis
- Must have knowledge of “Innovation Frameworks” like Jobs-to-be-Done, Strategyzer, SDLC or other.
- Must be comfortable working with a technical audience
- Should have Experience designing and interpreting models for user behavior using GA, Mixpanel, or similar platforms for analytics
- Should be comfortable with market sizing and assessment
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have strong verbal and written communication with ability to present and work directly with clients
- AEC knowledge and/or prior work experience is strongly preferred
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working