Senior Product Manager
Full Time (UNITED STATES)
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can we help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
We are actively seeking a skilled, outcome-oriented, and empathetic Senior Product Manager to join our growing team. As part of the Client Services team, you will work with your product management peers, alongside product design, business development, software engineers, and our customers to bring ideas to life.
Within the larger Client Services team, you’ll work closely with a team of 3 to 5 product managers on problems related to real estate portfolio management, forecasting, and cost.
A key to success in the role of a product manager at Outer Labs is the ability to build trusting, professional relationships with our customers, the users of our applications, and our design and development teams. As a product manager you will be the nexus between all stakeholders, bringing alignment and driving the execution of exciting new applications for the real estate industry.
About the team
The client services team is a mix of people with experience in traditional product management as well as non-traditional backgrounds such as architecture, computational design, academia, and more. We value outcome-oriented problem solving, open mindedness, and passion for bringing all team members together to execute on a common goal.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle for a 0 to 1 product through planning, design, development, launch, and maintenance
- Set the product vision and strategic direction, working with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various resources (internal and external) during all project phases
- Define and manage the product roadmap
- Prioritize features and manage trade-offs with consideration of the end users, our customer, and the business
- Build and manage trusting relationships with internal (engineering, UX, product strategy, sales, marketing, leadership) and external (customers, end-users, partners) stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze, report on, and manage project progress, with a laser-focus on outcomes for customers and for the business as a whole
- Identify and manage risks, opportunities and changes to scope, schedule, costs
- Create proposals, participate in contract negotiations, and coordinate internal and external resources to execute related administrative tasks
- Plan and drive communications, meetings, workshops and other engagements with team members and stakeholders
- 8+ years of proven working experience in project and/or product management, preferably in the context of commercial real estate and 0 to 1 products
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience, experience in Client Services is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written, verbal, and visual
- The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Solid understanding of product delivery processes, both agile and waterfall
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in data analytics is preferred
- Flexible to travel for customer meetings as needed
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working