Senior Product Manager
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can technology help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
We are actively seeking a skilled, outcome-oriented, and empathetic Senior Product Manager to join our growing team. As part of the Product team, you will work closely with your product management peers, along with product design, software engineering, business development, and our customers to bring ideas to life.
About the Team
Outer Labs is proud of the team we have built. The Product team is a mix of people with experience in traditional product management as well as non-traditional backgrounds such as architecture, computational design, academia, and more. We value outcome-oriented problem solving, open mindedness, and passion for bringing all team members together to execute on a common goal. You’ll work closely with a team of 3-5 product managers to solve problems related to real estate portfolio management, forecasting, and cost.
About the Role
A key to success in the role of a product manager at Outer Labs is the ability to build trusting, professional relationships with our client, end users, and design and development teams. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be taking a leading role in the development of a new and actively in flight product. You will be the nexus between all stakeholders, bringing alignment and driving the execution of exciting new applications for the real estate industry.
We are seeking someone who can always see and help the team connect to the big picture, and is willing to get into the weeds when needed.
- Define and iterate on the product’s vision and strategic direction, working with all relevant stakeholders
- Drive the product life cycle for a 0 to 1 product through planning, design, development, launch, and maintenance
- Distill insights from user research into clear customer problems and product direction everyone can rally around
- Define and manage the product roadmap
- Cut through ambiguity to produce clear requirements, use cases, and workflow diagrams that can be easily received by designers and software engineers
- Prioritize features and manage trade-offs with consideration of the end users, our stakeholders, and the business
- Build and manage trusting relationships with internal (engineering, UX, product strategy, sales, marketing, leadership) and external (customers, end-users, partners) stakeholders
- Plan and drive communications, meetings, workshops and other engagements with team members and stakeholders
- Be the go-to product person for the client
During the first 6 months, you will
- Drive the team towards a successful launch of a 0 to 1 product
- Dive deep into the weeds to gain critical product and data knowledge of inflight work
- Knit together multiple product workstreams into a cohesive product and set of team priorities. You will be the glue that keeps the PMs and the scope they are managing coordinated
- Lead a discovery workstream for a critical user journey that will be prioritized after the MVP launch, developing a product strategy and gathering requirements
- Define success metrics and a strategy for product analytics that supports it
- Define and track the critical path for feature development
- Identify and plug holes in scope definition and documentation
- Observe and uplevel team processes, iterating and proposing improvements where necessary
- Map the goals for the MVP to the longer term strategic direction and vision
- Mentor and coach junior and newer PMs on product best practices by reviewing their work and providing feedback
- Regularly report out on product development progress to both internal teams and the client
- 8+ years of proven working experience in project and/or product management, preferably in the context of commercial real estate and 0 to 1 products
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience, experience in Client Services is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written, verbal, and visual
- The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Solid understanding of product delivery processes, both agile and waterfall
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in data analytics is preferred
- Flexible to travel for customer meetings as needed
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Experience launching an MVP or 0-to-1 product
- Experience in client services or client management, especially in a software development setting
- Experience building web applications, enterprise software, and/or data products
- Experience designing or managing technical solutions for the AEC industry
- Experience mentoring junior or new product managers
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working