Sr. Technical Project Manager
We are actively seeking a skilled, proactive, and empathetic Senior Technical Project Manager to join our growing team. You will work closely with our Director of Customer Success and project management peers, along with product design, business development, engineering, and of course our customers to deliver projects successfully. We value open-mindedness, self-motivation, attention to detail, and an attitude that encourages growth and personal ownership. At Outer Labs, we believe in a hybrid approach to delivering value to our customers by combining project management with aspects of product management.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager you will be involved in developing the big picture vision of our tools and their ecosystem and advocate for them throughout the development and adoption process.
- Oversee multiple projects running in parallel and manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Lead the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various resources (internal and external) during all project phases
- Be the product owner and represent the product vision throughout the discovery, development and adoption process. Understand the risks and opportunities
- Be the product expert and represent the voice of the customer
- Monitor project progress continuously and provide reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables to the customer
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using best practices and standard project management documentation
- Supports the team in identifying and managing risk and understanding the rationale behind decisions
- Promote collaborative communication
- Coordinate internal and external resources to execute administrative tasks, such as billings and contract review
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel and provide updates, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Demonstration of leadership and strong decision making ability
- 8+ years experience leading complex product development efforts for a customer-facing business
- Strong preference for experience in the AEC industry
- Ability to effectively communicate the high-level vision of a project and create buy-in with stakeholders
- Strong bias for action with a focus on outcomes
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills; both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working
Outer Labs builds software tools for professionals in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction field that have the potential to radically reshape how buildings are designed, constructed, and occupied. Some questions we regularly consider are: How could software automatically layout a building’s structural system? How could software automatically understand city zoning codes? How could software interpret an architect’s ideas and intentions through a simple drawing? or How can we help a designer explore a thousand ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one?APPLY NOW
Outer Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.