Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can technology help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
As a Visual Designer, you’ll work on a wide variety of challenging problems across a portfolio of clients and internal R+D efforts. You’ll work directly with our product team to help drive the visual language and consistency of our user experiences. You’ll also help us create a point of view as a brand through marketing and sales materials. As part of our growing team, you’ll also get to shape the design culture at Outer Labs and directly influence our process for working as a team.
- Partner with our Product Designers to level-up the aesthetic of app UX and design systems
- Partner with our Product Managers and leadership team to add polish and visual consistency to high-stakes presentations
- Partner with our Marketing team to create compelling display ads, website content, and schwag
- Advocate for user experience, field questions, and make adjustments as you work throughout feedback
- Facilitate the organization and handoff of design assets
- Promote consistency of our brand and visual communication across the organization
- Relevant experience and portfolio working as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or similar role
- Strong understanding of layouts, typography, colors, and proportion
- Experience building and iterating on design systems
- Experience wireframing, designing and prototyping in Figma, or similar application
- Up on the latest UI design trends
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Driven by curiosity with exceptional attention to detail
- Preference for fast-paced iteration, deadlines, and budgets
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working